The R550 access point (AP) with the latest Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) technology delivers the ideal combination of increased capacity, improved coverage and affordability in dense environments. The R550 is our mid- range dual-band AP that supports four spatial streams (2x2:2 in 2.4GHz/5GHz). The R550 supports peak data rates of up to 1774 Mbps and efficiently manages up to 512 clients connections. Full functionality is available with 802.3at PoE+ power (max consumption 18.71W).
- Stunning Wi-Fi Performance - Mitigate interference and extend coverage with patented BeamFlex+™ adaptive antenna technology utilizing several directional antenna patterns.
- Serve more devices - Connect more devices simultaneously with four MU-MIMO spatial streams and concurrent dual-band 2.4/5GHz radios while enhancing device performance.
- Converged access point - Allow customers to eliminate siloed networks and unify Wi-Fi and IoT technologies into one single network by using built-in BLE and Zigbee, and also expand to any future wireless technologies.
- Automate Optimal Throughput - ChannelFly dynamic channel technology uses machine learning to automatically find the least congested channels. You always get the highest throughput the band can support.
- Better Mesh Networking - Reduce expensive cabling, and complex mesh configurations by checking a box with SmartMesh wireless meshing technology to dynamically create self-forming, self-healing mesh networks.
- More than Wi-Fi - Support services beyond Wi-Fi with RUCKUS IoT Suite, Cloudpath security and onboarding software, SPoT Wi-Fi locationing engine, and RUCKUS analytics.
When ordering, pay attention to the product code! 901-R550-XX01 can be used in warehouses and other places where the plenum requirement for fire safety does not apply. If it is 901-R550-XX00, then the AP components are halogen-free and suitable for use in schools, hospitals, hotels, homes, health centers, etc. Note that it will be available in August 2020 and after that only plenum-rated version of R550 will be in production (like with other Ruckus AP models). There's no price or functionality difference in these versions.
In Q3 the support for this model will be added in new Unleashed release 200.9.